New Grad RN Transition to Practice Program - Spring 2024 CohortSan Diego, California
New Graduate RN Transition to Practice Program: Spring 2024 Cohort
Application Period: September 18 - 29, 2023
Cohort Start Date: March 4, 2024
Rady Children's Hospital offers 3 New Graduate RN Residency cohorts annually: Spring, Summer, and Fall. Each cohort is a 1-year comprehensive education and training program designed specifically to transition newly graduated Registered Nurses from students to safe, competent, and professional health care practitioners. Our program provides numerous opportunities for you to grow in your nursing practice from the very start. This is accomplished through case-based learning, simulation, mentoring and debriefing groups, preceptor-guided clinical experience, and wellness.
Considering New Graduates for multiple specialty tracks for the Spring 2024 Cohort:
Critical Care, Inpatient: Cardiothoracic ICU, Pediatrics ICU
Acute Care, Inpatient: Child & Adolescent Psych Services, Medical Unit, Medical Behavioral Unit (MBU), Hematology/Oncology (IP), Surgical Unit
Emergency Care Center
*Note:Units participating in New Graduate Nurse Residency are subject to change per cohort, based on department and organizational needs.
- Applicants may also be considered for Summer 2024 New Grad RN cohort.
RESUME (Please upload file to the "Resume Attachment" section of the application):
- Please specify your nursing program culminating clinical experience, i.e., practicum, preceptorship, capstone, student extern. Highlighting the specialty area/unit, site location, and total number of hours completed.
- Please list all clinical rotations completed throughout your nursing program. Highlight specialty area/unit, site location, and total number of hours completed for each rotation.
COVER LETTER & LETTER OF RECOMMENDATION (Please upload both documents together as one file to the "Attachment" section of the application, electing the "Cover letter" label from the dropdown OR upload as two separate files to the "Attachment" section of the application, electing the "Cover letter" and "Letter of Recommendation" labels from the drop down):
*Note: The application, cover letter specifying specialty track, letter of recommendation, and resume must be submitted for consideration
- Could you share with us why you are interested in pediatrics?
- Please indicate your *top three specialty tracks of interest in your cover letter, electing from the following:
- Cardiothoracic ICU, Pediatrics ICU
- Child & Adolescent Psych Services, Medical Unit, Medical Behavioral Unit, Hematology/Oncology (IP), Surgical Unit
- Emergency Care Center
- If you are interested in all units, please make sure to indicate this as well.
*Please note, while consideration will be given to your specialty track(s) of interest, please know that your application could be reviewed and considered for all units.
Letter of Recommendation:
- Please include 1 letter of recommendation from a clinical instructoror preceptor, who can speak to your abilities as a new graduate nurse and potential for success working with the pediatric and/or neonatal population
- Associate degree in Nursing from a nursing school accredited by NLNAC or CCNE
- Associate degree in Nursing while pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Nursing will be accepted
- Current California RN License by cohort start date
- BLS/CPR certification (Issued by American Heart Association)
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
- Previous pediatric externship or clinical experience with pediatrics or neonates
The current salary range for this position is $49.94 to $49.94
A candidate’s placement in the range will be determined based on the terms and conditions of the applicable collective bargaining agreement. Rady Children’s Hospital is committed to being externally competitive and internally equitable. We demonstrate this commitment by reviewing market data to remain competitive within the nonprofit, healthcare sector.