Patient Access Rep II - Cardiology Clinic
San Diego, California
The Patient Access Representative (PAR) is the first person to interact with a patient family. Whether onsite in a clinic, or in the Central Scheduling call center, the PAR provides exceptional customer service, getting the patient registered and scheduled, verifying insurance and seeking authorizations for treatment. When onsite, the PAR checks in the patient when they arrive and completes all necessary paperwork and signatures. The Patient Access Rep should be kind and compassionate, helping a concerned family feel comfortable.
The patient experience is what brings families back to Rady Children's. The Patient Access Representative is a big part of this, providing a familiar face and reducing stress for children and parents. The right Patient Access Rep can bring positive energy to a stressful situation, whether on the phone, in a clinic, or in the hospital.
& Per diem
- Consistently excellent in providing the highest level of care for our patients
- Committed to ensuring that our Patient Access Representatives receive training, support, rewards and career advancement opportunities
Rady Children’s Hospital offers many career paths to support your immediate and future success.
- Patient Access Representative III
- Financial Counselor
- Patient Access Trainer
- Template Optimization Specialist
- Supervisor, Patient Access
- Manager, Patient Access
What makes a successful Patient Access Representative at Rady Children’s Hospital? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team Player
I have been with Rady Children's for 25 years and what I love most is making a child smile and helping the parent feel that their child is in the best hands possible. As a Patient Access Rep, I help families get the services their child needs.– Sandy R,
PAR III, Developmental Services
We offer a robust Total Rewards Package in order to help our employees achieve and maintain overall physical, emotional and financial well-being for themselves and their families
Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, Employee Assistance Program
403(b) Retirement Plan
100% employer match up to 3% of your salary
Up to $2,000 per year, paid time off for seminars
Tuition discount at National University
Annual merit increases, longevity increases, success sharing, paid leave cash-out program
Awards & Recognition
Annual Team Rady event, milestone awards, CARES recognition
Under general supervision the Patient Access Representative secures and provides appropriate medical business information to and from patient families/guardians and funding sources. In your role you will interpret, identify, communicate and detail information by way of: registration, scheduling and/or acquiring authorizations for patient services in a dynamic team environment. You will have the opportunity to make a difference every day by the duties you perform.
- Listens well and devotes full attention to patients and medical professionals alike
- Detailed and empathetic as the job involves dealing with people who are critically ill or injured
- The ability to remain calm, even under the most stressful of situations
- Communicates well, both orally and in writing
- The ability to maintain confidentiality
- Possesses a basic understanding of medical terminology and procedures
High School Diploma, GED, or Equivalent
1 year of Healthcare Experience
Experience with Epic or other EMR systems
Experience with payment collection efforts
Bilingual English/Spanish and/or other languages that meet business needs of the department