Patient Access Rep II - MOB Shared ServicesSan Diego, California
Under general supervision, the Patient Access Representative secures and provides appropriate medical business information to and from patient families/guardians and funding sources. In your role you will interpret, identify, communicate and detail information by way of: registration, scheduling and/or acquiring authorizations for patient services in a dynamic team environment. You will have the opportunity to make a difference every day by the duties you perform.
- Listens well and devotes full attention to patients and medical professionals alike
- Detailed and empathetic as the job involves dealing with people who are critically ill or injured
- The ability to remain calm, even under the most stressful of situations
- Communicates well, both orally and in writing
- The ability to maintain confidentiality
- Possesses a basic understanding of medical terminology and procedures
High School Diploma, G.E.D. or Equivalent
1 year of Healthcare Experience
Experience with Epic or other EMR systems
Experience with payment collection efforts
Bilingual English/Spanish and/or other languages that meet business needs of the department
The expected hiring range for this position is $20.96 to $28.81
Rady Children’s Hospital is committed to compensation that is externally competitive and internally equitable. We demonstrate this commitment by conducting regular market reviews to remain competitive with organizations of similar size in the nonprofit, healthcare sector. The range listed above does not represent the full salary range for the position but is the expected hiring range for qualified candidates. Compensation decisions consider a variety of factors including experience, education, licensure, unique skillsets, organizational need, and internal equity.