Senior Director, Health & Clinical Information Management SystemsSan Diego, California
Under the general direction of VP/CIO, the Senior Director of Health and Clinical Information Management Systems provides operational management and oversight for the establishment, maintenance, control, and dissemination of medical records and health information systems for Rady Children's Hospital-San Diego, its Medical Staff and affiliated Medical Groups. Protects organizations and physicians legal interests by ensuring medical records are maintained in compliance with all accreditation and governmental regulatory agency standards. Senior Director is responsible for clinical information systems management including assigned technical software/hardware, IT Service management processes, and staff. Provides leadership to staff, establishing and ensuring adherence to standards of equipment and systems development, maintenance, and support. Leads efforts to deliver and provide continuous availability of assigned equipment and systems that are crucial to the overall hospital operations. Coordinates plans and directs the performance of staff and resources to ensure completion of assigned duties.
10+ years of experience
Licenses and Certifications
Registered Health Info Admin
Registered Health Info Tech
Demonstrated ability to:
- Effectively direct a team of Information Systems and HIM professionals in an integrated environment, overseeing system selection, design, build, validation, implementation, maintenance, upgrades and production support.
- Effectively work with all levels of management, staff, clinicians and physicians, consultants and vendors.
- Knowledge in, and the ability to apply, the principles of project management and change management.
- General knowledge and experience in one or more of the following areas: healthcare management, corporate compliance, privacy laws, health information management or information technology management.
- Previous related operational and supervisory experience within a complex Medical Center.
Demonstrated ability to:
- Communicate effectively, clearly, accurately and concisely, verbally and in writing.
- Think and process critically, analytically and problem solve skillfully.
- Interpret functional and/or technical specifications and to communicate technical issues to technical personnel and non-technical users/clients.
- Delegate and achieve organizational results with and throughout all levels of the organization. Effective interpersonal skills.
- Hold others accountable, provide feedback and constructive criticism and effectively manage conflict and ambiguity.
- Direct and mentor, provide guidance and foster a collaborative cross functional/cross platform team environment.
- Effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
Ten years of experience in fundamentals of hospital organization, management techniques, JCAHO, HIPAA and Title 22 requirements.
Ten years of experience in information systems principles and practices. Implementation experience with previous integrated HealthCare Information systems with emphasis on Clinical/Financial, ERP/EMR applications/systems (Epic, Meditech, PeopleSoft, etc.) Demonstrated proficient computer skills across multiple platforms. Skilled in using Microsoft Office tools.
Must possess a high level of integrity and trust and be capable of maintaining confidential information.
Must have a high level of self-motivation and direction and possess excellent customer service orientation.
Experience in Project Management
Experience in SDLC and ITIL process methodologies
- HR Compliance Analyst San Diego, California
- Training Coordinator - Social Work Grants San Diego, California
- Heart Institute - Clinical Research Coordinator P/D San Diego, California