New Graduate Nurse Residency FAQs
When are applications accepted?
Currently applications are accepted three times a year for consideration:
- Fall Cohort - Applicant window opens 1st Wednesday in July for 5 business days
- Spring Cohort - Applicant window opens 1st Wednesday in October for 5 business days
- Summer Cohort - Applicant window opens 1st Wednesday in February for 5 business days
*Please sign up for a 'Job Alert' below, to be notified of future openings.
What can I expect after I submit my application?
- Application Review - Allow 4 weeks from application close date
- Invitation to Selected Finalists to Interview - Allow 4-5 weeks from application close date
- Interview Facilitation - Allow 5-6 weeks from application close date
- Offer Decisions - Allow 6 weeks from application close date
Do you hire New Graduate Nurses outside of the Residency?
No, we do not. Our Residency Program is specifically tailored to enhance the experience of the New Graduate Nurse. The Residency is for new graduate nurses, who have less than six months of RN experience, and have graduated from an accredited BSN or MSN program within 12 months of cohort start. If you are an experienced Registered Nurse with an interest in pediatrics, please find details about our New to Pediatric program below.
Must I have my California RN License before I apply?
No. However, you must have your California RN license by the start of the cohort to be considered. Please remember that it can take quite some time for the California Board of Nursing to process NCLEX ATT dates, or to transfer licensure from another state. Please note that we are not able to consider interim permits.
Do I need reference letters?
Applicants selected to interview, are welcome to bring recommendation/reference letters to the interview. The letters should be addressed to "To Whom It May Concern”. Applicants who are identified finalists will receive further directive to request references via Skill Survey Reference.
Do you have Nurse Externships available?
We are not currently offering externships.
Can I receive a tour of the hospital?
At this time, we are not able to fulfill New Graduate Nurse tour requests. Applicants invited to interview, will receive a tour from department leadership at time of interview. Unfortunately, we are also unable to accommodate requests for job shadowing opportunities.